This page hosts links to all user guides and supplementary documentation for the GIFtools GUI and all UBC-GIF Fortran codes.
GIFtools User Guide (GIFtools Cookbook)
The GIFtools cookbook is comprehensive user guide for the GIFtools GUI and provides supplementary materials for improving efficacy with UBC-GIF codes. The GIFtools cookbook is hosted online as a readthedocs-style website. Included in the GIFtools cookbook are:
- Installation instructions for the GIFtools GUI and UBC-GIF Fortran codes.
- Documentation of basic and object-specific functionality for the GIFtools GUI.
- An overview of the fundamentals of the inversion approach used by UBC-GIF codes.
- Tables summarizing the coordinate conventions, units and data conventions used by our codes.
- Comprehensive workflows for each survey method demonstrating how UBC-GIF codes and the GIFtools GUI can be used to load, view, process and invert geophysical data.
Fortran Modeling Codes
Manuals for UBC-GIF Fortran codes are hosted on readthedocs websites. Links to manuals are provided below.
- GRAV3D Version 5.0/5.1, Version 6.0
- MAG3D Version 5.0, Version 6.0
- MVI Version 1.0, Version 3.0
DC resistivity and IP
Frequency Domain EM
Time Domain EM
Natural Source EM
Legacy PDF manuals
- EH3D: manual | background | equations